Friday, November 21, 2008

Sinking to the bottom

I feel like I am sinking,
Wishing to feel the bottom,
And I keep on thinking,
Believing that its all a dream.

The bottom isn't clearer
But things would be much nearer.
Do you know how you would feel
If you gave it all but still..

I give and give and give and give,
Trying to grow and wanting to live
But I feel that I may never know
The sweet peace I long for so.

Knowing that I need to be free
Of that inferno I grew to hate
Chaos still has drawn me near
To the fire at an alarming rate.

The fire is oh so hot and bright
And it has burned for more than just this night.
This fire burns with a viscous grin,
Knowing that it will surely do me in.

But I am sinking so fast now.
I know I have to be so far down,
But then I realize that I know how to swim,
And suddenly Light reminds me of Him.

This Light leaves no trace of darkness,
It fills everything, including me.
It burns so bright the flames seem harmless
This Light moves right through me.

Now I know that I have touched the ground,
And things may not be all that sound.
But my Light has shown me a safe path
One that will keep me free from wrath.

4 comments:

John said...

Now you guys know why I am not an English major.

. said...

If you've read some of the crap i have "written" and posted then you would be a little more confident.

Ryan said...

English major does not = good poet.

trust me

John said...

Haha. Well thanks. At least those were not bashing comments. Writing that let me blow off alot of steam.